About the course
This course comes with a Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 and a copy of FutureDJs book ‘How To DJ’.
Looking to start DJ-ing or develop your DJ skills and start performing? Our DDJ-200 course will take you through the fundamentals of this ground-breaking controller. DJ Mark One will show you everything you need to know to get started or take your DJ-ing to the next level.
Got a question about this course? Give our course team a call on +44 (0)1565 228 266.
Over the course of 6 weeks, you will study:
- Introduction to your new DDJ-200
- Track arrangement and music management basics
- Equipment overview and scratching intro
- Track structure and basic scratching
- Beat-matching and scratching fundamentals
- When and how to mix
- Mixing theory and beat juggling basics
- Genre characteristics and beat juggling progression
- Critical listening and blending
- Rhythm recognition and recreation
- Improvisation and advanced beat juggling
- Performing and combinations
Two ways to learn
Observer Seat i
- 4 camera views
- HQ audio
- Watch live
- Download materials
- Re-watch later
Full Access i
- Same as observer plus:
- Own perspective camera view
- Interact live with the teacher
- Take part in groups & polls
- Collaborate with other users
We offer a 100% money back guarantee, if you change your mind and cancel 2 weeks before the course is due to begin.
Pay in 3 with Klarna
Pay for your course over 3 installments with Klarna. No interest, no fees, no credit agreement.
Meet your new decks
Our DJ-ing syllabus is nationally accredited and has graded courses with LCM (London College of Music, University of West London). Our students learn all of the important skills using the incredibly powerful and intuitive Pioneer DJ technology and Rekordbox to unleash their creativity.
Our DJ courses teach a broad range of key skills and techniques to train the next generation of well-rounded and technically gifted DJs. They also develop a great ear and teaches key critical listening skills, developing broad musical understanding and music theory knowledge in those who take the course.
Our head DJ tutor, Mark One, is no stranger to success. Mark’s talents as a remixer and DJ for the multiplatinum selling band ‘Texas’ have taken him far and wide around the globe. His diverse musical style is a fusion of House, Tech House, Jackin House and Disco House. This unique edge is reflected in both his DJ sets and his remixes. At the age of 13, Mark became interested in DJ-ing after witnessing a former DMC UK Mixing Championship Finalist practising his music. After a few years of getting to grips with DJ-ing, he went on to be the UK Northwest Mixing Champion in a number of competitions in 1991, 1992, 1993 & 1995.