your favourite artists
About the course
Friction shows you how to make a DnB beat that will energise any track by sequencing drums, combining loops, processing drum sounds and arranging them into a track structure.
About on-demand learning
Take our courses any time, any where, on any device. Our on-demand video courses allow you to learn in your own time and at your own pace.
Watch the video
As a producer, DJ, and record label owner, Friction is an absolute icon in the Drum & bass world. He has moved with the times and stayed relevant within DnB over the last 2 decades and has even seen mainstream chart success on some of his tracks. As co-founder and co-owner of Shogun Audio and sister label Elevate Records, Friction has also overseen some of the biggest releases in Drum & bass. His recent style has characterised the Dancefloor DnB sound and brought the subgenre into the fold.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn how to prepare your drums to get any dancefloor full and moving from Friction, the king of Dancefloor DnB.
Friction uses Logic Pro X and a Simple MIDI keyboard to teach you everything you need to know to get your drums on point. You can follow along with any music production software.
Get ready to enhance your drums with Friction’s insider knowledge whilst you learn:
- How to place drum sounds to create your DnB backbeat.
- How to select loops to build out your drum beat.
- How to process loops to fill the full frequency spectrum.
- How to arrange your loops into an effective and interesting track.
- How to build out your track from the drums using synths and samples.
- How to finalise and export your project so that it is ready for the dancefloor.