your favourite artists
About the course
Introducing the Virtuoso Artist Accelerator: we've designed a supportive programme to help you design, plan, and execute your music career roadmap and generate unstoppable momentum to transform your dreams into reality.
The Virtuoso Artist Accelerator is the only programme of its kind that helps you envision, plan, and achieve your future electronic music career with a community of like-minded individuals and access to world-class industry experts, fully backed by accountability support and extended aftercare from the Virtuoso team. And you'll get plenty of time to interact with the industry guests, as we're keeping this course attendee cohort strictly to 30.
Making music you like but stumbling on creating the building blocks of the “artist package” so you can start getting your music or mixes out there in the world
A DJ, producer, or other music artist with a defined artist persona who’s releasing music or mixes, but you've reached a career or creative plateau
Working a day job you don’t love and looking for a career change into the electronic music industry
You’re in the right place. The Virtuoso Artist Accelerator will give you tools, inspiration, creative community, industry connections, and unparalleled support on your journey to the next level of your music career.
Worried about missing anything? All of the sessions will be recorded so you can watch back in your own time if you happen to miss a week – so you can find time for holidays and festivals as well as levelling up your music career.
All of these sessions are delivered on our unique Virtuoso Stage – find out more here.
About the course teacher
These sessions are led by our resident live host Michael Beardsley, who also produces DnB under the Scartip moniker and is the founder of Red Face Recordings. He'll be joined by many of the top experts in the music industry with an immense wealth of industry knowledge between them. You'll learn from:
- Elijah (Butterz)
- Steph Yelakins (Musik Matter)
- Helena Hale (Hale Management)
- Kazim Rashid (Resident Advisor)
- Plastician (DJ and producer)
- Jenny Wade (Black Acre Management)
- Raji Rags (NTS / Boiler Room)
- Judy Griffiths (fabric)
- Jenna Knight (Jenna Knight PR)
- Genevieve Taylor (Glisten PR)
- Chris Goss (Hospital Records)
- Kay Wrate (Warp Publishing)
Group coaching and accountability sessions will be run by Arianna Power, former Head of Marketing at Boiler Room (and also ex-FACT and The Vinyl Factory), who is a professional music industry coach qualified by the ICF and trained by the Academy of Executive Coaching.
Did you know that having accountability coaching can increase your likelihood of success at reaching your goals by up to 95%? We are offering 2x 2hr bonus sessions as a follow-on to the course, and attending these will significantly increase your chances of reaching your music career goals.
What you'll get
By the end of this programme, you will have:
- Discovered and defined your USP as an artist
- Refined your whole artist brand and overall package, including bio, press shots, and branding
- Crafted your press kit and created a PR plan
- Developed your bespoke music career roadmap for the next 2-3 years
- Determined the target audience for your music career, and planned out a marketing strategy and plan to reach them
- Developed techniques to streamline your creative process and workflow
- Built out your toolbox of techniques to break through creative blocks, improve your productivity, and enhance your music mindset
- Your own supportive network of like-minded creative people
- An understanding of the role of A&R and what they look for in new artists
- Identified contacts in sync & publishing and learned the best approach
- Learned how to mint your music to an NFT
- Discovered different ways for artists to create revenue streams
- A solid understanding of what promoters and bookers are looking for in artists
- Techniques to get noticed by your favourite labels, club nights, and festivals – and strategies to get yourself signed and booked
Alongside each week of the course, you'll also get detailed workbooks and resources to help supplement your learning and go into even more detail on what you need to know. This course is designed with specific learning outcomes in mind for emerging artists like you – tailor-made by our team of educators alongside our industry experts.
We're committed to helping you achieve your goals. That's why, after the course has finished, we'll be following up with all of these additional benefits to help you translate what you've learned into real-world success. Each attendee will get each of the following benefits:
- Your personal bio written by a member of the Virtuoso team
- A personal 1-2-1 artist success call with a member of the Virtuoso team
- Your press shots and pics reviewed by a professional tour photographer and photo editor
- Artist branding review by the Virtuoso team
- A&R feedback on 1 track from the Virtuoso team
- 15-minute 1-2-1 professional artist coaching call (£40 value)
- 2x 2hr group coaching and accountability follow-up sessions (£500 value)
And your choice of one of the following two:
- Personal artist support call with Amy Jayne (1985 Music)
- Social media and branding review by Seb Martison (FUSE).
What are people saying?
“Of the 186 live events I did in 2021, this was by far the best." – Carl Cox, world-famous DJ and Virtuoso artist teacher
“I’d recommend Virtuoso to both aspiring artists and to fellow peers looking to help new talent and pass on their skills and knowledge. The next generation are in very safe hands with Virtuoso!” – Dave ‘Columbo’ Jenkins (UKF, DJ Mag, One More Thing, Drum & Bass Arena, Vision Radio)
"I really enjoyed my session with Virtuoso. It's a fantastic concept run by an amazing team. I'm really impressed with the variations of sessions they offer - I wish something like this existed when I was trying to get into the industry! I regularly recommend Virtuoso to BIMM students and will continue to do so. Thanks for getting me involved." – Amy Jayne (Label Manager - 1985 Music, Consultant/Management - Alix Perez)
“Virtuoso allowed me to learn from my favourite DJ - I did not think I would ever have had such an opportunity prior to this event. It was an absolutely awesome experience that I will certainly not forget.” – Ben L, Virtuoso Stage live session attendee (Trustpilot verified)
“This is absolutely excellent. I'm a dance artist and the sessions that these guys have been putting on have been so beneficial and useful. You get to actually chat to your favourite artists on their Virtuoso Stage. It was amazing to have the chance to talk to Carl Cox and Becky Hill. I don't know of anywhere else that does this like them. Great!” – Alice Mee-Bishop, Virtuoso Stage live session attendee (Trustpilot verified)
“Absolutely amazing work these guys are doing. I've been to a few of the sessions now and each speaker has given great advice and insight. Can't recommend these enough - nothing really like it out there at the moment!” – Hugo Valentine Robson, Virtuoso Stage live session attendee (Trustpilot verified)