your favourite artists
About the course
Getting some space in your mix and giving each element its own room is the difference between a professional-sounding track and a cluttered mess. DLR shares his technical tricks for mixing and sound design that will elevate your tunes to a new space.
Learn in your own time
You can take our courses any time, anywhere, on any device. Turn your commute into the best hour of the day or be inspired at 2am when you just can’t sleep. Learn in your own time and at your own pace.
What you'll learn
DLR shows how you can make your tracks sound pro with some essential techniques for giving everything plenty of room. You’ll learn sound design tricks for how to craft drums and synths from scratch that work perfectly in your track and mixing techniques that will give your tunes a professional polish.
Get ready to learn:
- DLR’s sound design secrets for how he crafts his signature DnB synths.
- How to make your own hard-hitting drum sounds from scratch.
- How to give each element in your track its own space.
- How to create a deep and spacious mix that has plenty of room to breathe.
- How to understand and use different frequencies in your sound designs and mixes to help everything stand out.
- How to get a clearer direction when making music, allowing you to work faster and stay inspired.
Watch the course trailer
DLR is a Bristol-based DJ / producer and founder of the record label Sofa Sound Bristol, with close involvement in other projects such as The Sauce and OneMind. Emerging as an artist over the past decade, DLR (short for Dirty le Roi) continues today just as he started off – constantly creating new music, experimenting in the studio and developing his sound.
The back catalogue is proof, with releases on Dispatch (home to his first 3 albums), Metalheadz, 31 Recordings, Utopia, Symmetry and C.I.A., plus a handful of quality remixes for artists like Noisia, Camo & Krooked, Hybrid Minds, Spectrasoul, Roni Size, Zero T and Q-Project.
Sofa Sound Bristol is his main home today; the label he started in 2017 has built a loyal following, releasing his collabs with Break, Randall, Ulterior Motive and supporting newer acts like Molecular, Ill Truth and M-zine. Much loved for its distinctive music, art direction and events, the label won Drum&Bass Arena’s ‘Best Newcomer Label’ award in 2020.