your favourite artists
About the course
Take your percussion and rhythm to the next level with Melé. Learn Melé's process from start to finish as he takes you through his techniques which make his unique productions stand out from the crowd.
About on-demand learning
Take our courses any time, any where, on any device. Our on-demand video courses allow you to learn in your own time and at your own pace.
Watch the video
Renowned for powering the dancefloor with octane dynamism, Melé is an artist who fully warrants his current status as a revered selector and producer. Boasting a particular niche of sound that utilises a mesh of world music influenced house, transatlantic hip hop, broader UK sounds and classic Chicago grooves, the boy from the Wirral is gaining worldwide recognition by the minute. (RA)
About this video course
Melé gives us a masterclass in creating powerful percussion in your productions. Known for his incorporation of tribal and world elements into his beats, Melé takes us through his production process. Join Melé as he takes us from digging in the crates for rare, forgotten vinyl grooves to careful layering and shaping of his chosen sounds. Across 13 informative, practical episodes adding up to over an hour of content, Melé will take your production to the next level.
Melé uses Ableton and the Ableton Push MIDI controller in this video course, as well as a selection of VSTs. It doesn't matter if you are using other software or hardware however – you can apply the techniques and approaches taught in this course in any DAW.
Are you ready to start using percussion in your music like never before? Sign up now to learn:
- What percussion means to Melé and how he goes about finding rare samples to bring into his productions.
- How Melé starts a project, with a clear purpose in mind for whatever he is producing – which means no procrastinating.
- Techniques for recording, importing, stretching, warping and looping samples in Ableton Live.
- Where each of your percussive elements should sit in your mix to effectively separate your highs, mids and lows.
- How Melé takes dry samples to the next level using a variety of effects, processing and shortcuts.
- What it takes to bring out the best of a groove made out of different percussive parts. No more muddy drum loops.
- How to guide your productions to make the DJ-friendly – what to keep in mind while you arrange and how to do this efficiently.
- Melé's thought-process behind every decision in the studio – being an individual and letting that shine through your work.